Download GeoDa for Windows
The download will begin immediately after clicking on this link:
- GeoDa 22.214.171.124 nightly build with Chinese language support(6/9/2018) for 64-bit Windows.
- GeoDa 126.96.36.199 nightly build with Chinese language support(6/9/2018) for 32-bit Windows.
- GeoDa 188.8.131.52 (4/26/2018) for 64-bit Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10.
- GeoDa 184.108.40.206 (4/26/2018) for 32-bit Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10.
Note: for windows users, auto-upgrade from 1.8.6 may encounter a UAC issue or a failure of drag-n-drop file to GeoDa feature. To solve this problem, one needs to uninstall GeoDa first (also please manually delete the directory "c:\program files\GeoDa Software") and then download and install GeoDa.
- GeoDa 220.127.116.11 (11/28/2017) for 64-bit Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10.
- GeoDa 18.104.22.168 (11/28/2017) for 32-bit Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10.
If you want to use the 2004 GeoDa 0.95i binary for Windows XP, select the "Geoda 0.9.5-i Windows XP Installer" link below. The download will begin immediately after you login.
- Note that GeoDa 0.9.5-i runs on Windows XP only.
- GeoDa 0.9.5-i Windows XP Installer
Note: the 32-bit GeoDa program works on Windows XP and Vista, but we are only supplying limited support for pre-Windows 7.
Don't know which windows version?
To determine if your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, open Control Panel > System and Security > System. On the information panel, look for "System type" which will say either "32-bit Operating System" or "64-bit Operating System". See screenshot below as an example:
To uninstall GeoDa, either select the "Uninstall" program under the "GeoDa Software" program group from the Start menu programs as shown below:
Alternatively, to uninstall GeoDa, go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features and select the GeoDa program from the list and select Uninstall as shown below:
Create a USB running GeoDa
To run GeoDa on Windows machines without administrator permission (e.g. this is normal in a lab environment), there is a trick to create a USB running GeoDa without installation:
Find a windows machine with administrator permission, install GeoDa. (Note: make sure the visual c++ 2010 redistributable has been installed)
Copy two files to GeoDa installation directory "C:\Program Files\GeoDa Software":
Zip the GeoDa installation directory "C:\Program Files\GeoDa Software", and distribute the zip file as GeoDa program to students/users.
Questions? Contact us.